RE: [Linux-cluster] STABLE3: Cannot mount gfs, "no such device"

Any idea why dmesg reports that Lock_DLM has been installed, but no module is reported by lsmod?

Will the RHE5U3 kmod_gfs2 rpm be compatible with STABLE3?  I had to scrape out the RHEL5U3 rpms in order to get the STABLE3 cman and clvmd working.

djm

From: linux-cluster-bounces redhat com [mailto:linux-cluster-bounces redhat com] On Behalf Of Ian Hayes
Sent: Thursday, May 28, 2009 4:30 PM
To: linux clustering
Subject: Re: [Linux-cluster] STABLE3: Cannot mount gfs, "no such device"

If you're installing from RHEL5 media, I believe the kmod-gfs2 RPM supplies that object.

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 5:03 PM, David Merhar <merhar arlut utexas edu> wrote:
RHEL5U3.

I assumed that the dlm_lock would be built and installed with Cluster 3.0.0rc2, so I built the cluster without the gfs/cluster modules.

When I modprobe gfs, dmesg reports that Lock_DLM has been installed (along with GFS and Lock_NoLock), however  lsmod did not show a lock_dlm.  I could not find lock_dlm.ko on the systems.  lsmod did show dlm and gfs was loaded.

Please let me know where I can get the necessary modules.

Thanks.

djm

On May 28, 2009, at 3:43 PM, Bob Peterson wrote:

----- "David Merhar" <merhar arlut utexas edu> wrote:
| Everything seems perfect until we try to mount.  lvdisplay shows the
|
| volume.  mkfs.gfs2 runs fine.  The device is visible under both /dev
|
| and /dev/mapper
|
| Cluster 3.0.0rc2
| Corosync .97
| OpenAIS .96
| LVMS 2.02.47
| Kernel 2.6.29.4
|
| Please advise.
|
| Thanks.
|
| djm

Hi David,

Usually this means, for whatever reason, that you don't have
one (or more) of these kernel modules loaded:

gfs2.ko, lock_dlm.ko, dlm.ko

So check lsmod to see if they're there.  If not, you'll have
to get them, and getting them depends on your platform, which
you didn't mention.

Regards,

Bob Peterson
Red Hat GFS