[Linux-cluster] Linux Cluster

Madison Kelly linux at alteeve.com
Thu Nov 5 14:17:44 UTC 2009

Prashant Kamat wrote:
> How to configure Linux cluster on VMWare Workstation.
>

> Rgds
> Prashant

Hi Prashant,

   Clustering is a fairly complex topic, and your question is quite
vague. If I can suggest two things;

   First; Have you decided what OS the cluster will be built on? What
tools do you want to use? What problems are you trying to solve with a
cluster? How familiar with various clustering technologies are you?

   Second; It's very difficult for someone to give you a "cluster
recipe". You will have the best results asking specific questions to
specific problems as you run into them. We've all struggled with
clustering and we've all asked a lot of questions along the way. Be sure
when asking questions that you provide as much detail describing what
you've tried to do already to deal with the given, specific problem you
are having.

Best of luck. :)

Madi