[Linux-cluster] GFS2: quota file size not a multiple of struct gfs2_quota

Anthony Uk uk-linux-cluster at dataway.ch
Wed Nov 11 18:23:06 UTC 2009

Hello

I am quite unable to get quotas on my GFS2 filesystem to work properly.
I have tried to do gfs2_quota reset followed by gfs2_quota init, but the
latter always comes back with:

warning: quota file size not a multiple of struct gfs2_quota

Warning: This filesystem doesn't seem to have the new quota list format
or the quota list is corrupt. list, check and init operation performance
will suffer due to this. It is recommended that you run the 'gfs2_quota
reset' operation to reset the quota file. All current quota information
will be lost and you will have to reassign all quota limits and warnings

I see from the archives that a gentleman named Scooter had the same
issue a while back, but have not found any mention of a fix.

This takes place both with quota=on and quota=off and without any
processes accessing the file system, and only one node having mounted
the file system. I mounted the gfs2meta system and the quota file (after
gfs2_quota init) is always 17668312 bytes in size.

If I just do reset but no init, and then set gfs2_quota limit, things
seem to work properly to start with (albeit without the current contents
being reflected in the numbers) but sooner or later some ridiculous
numbers appear, such as a user having 70 exabytes (I don't have the
exact output any more).

I might add that gfs2_fsck gives me lots of warnings of the type:

Unlinked block found at block 952956 (0xe8a7c), left unchanged.

I don't know whether that has anything to do with it.

This is under Centos 5.4 x64, kernel 2.6.18-164.6.1.el5 and
gfs2-utils.x86_64                        0.1.62-1.el5

If there's anything I can do to help get this fixed do let me know.

Kind regards

Anthony Uk
www.dataway.ch