[Linux-cluster] multipath devices and Conga storage tab

Arturo Gonzalez Ferrer arturogf at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 07:03:52 UTC 2009

2009/10/8 brem belguebli <brem.belguebli at gmail.com>

> Hello Arturo,
> indeed Conga doesn't seem to summarize all the /dev/sd devices to
> their belonging mpath one.
> A potential side effect of this being  if you have an important number
> of /dev/sd devices conga will timeout without showing you any result.

Well, finally i got to expose it to conga, and it was easy. Only i had to do
is:

pvcreate /dev/mapper/mpath0p1

Once the physical volume exists, it appears in conga when creating a new
volume group, so you can choose it. Doing the same on the rest of the nodes
i finally could create the clustered volume group and the corresponding gfs2
filesystem, and mount it on 3 nodes.

> I personnaly gave up using conga.
>
> About HP-DM, there is a OS's shipped solution (on which relies HP-DM!)
> called device-mapper-multipath, there's no necessity to use the HP
> one.

Uhm, I know, but supposedly it give support for my MSA2312fc ... so i don't
know if it would run only with device-mapper-multipath.

Thank you very much,
Arturo.