Re: [Linux-cluster] gfs2_tool settune demote_secs

Hi,

On Fri, 2009-10-09 at 09:55 -0700, Scooter Morris wrote:
> Hi all,
>     On RHEL 5.3/5.4(?) we had changed the value of demote_secs to
> significantly improve the performance of our gfs2 filesystem for certain
> tasks (notably rm -r on large directories).  I recently noticed that
> that tuning value is no longer available (part of a recent update, or
> part of 5.4?).  Can someone tell me what, if anything replaces this?  Is
> it now a mount option, or is there some other way to tune this value?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> -- scooter
>
> --

Nothing replaces it. The glocks are disposed of automatically on an LRU
basis when there is enough memory pressure to require it. You can alter
the amount of memory pressure on the VFS caches (including the glocks)
but not specifically the glocks themselves.

The idea is that is should be self-tuning now, adjusting itself to the
conditions prevailing at the time. If there are any remaining
performance issues though, we'd like to know so that they can be
addressed,

Steve.