Re: [Linux-cluster] Home-brew SAN/iSCSI

Lon Hohberger wrote:
On Sun, 2009-10-11 at 06:22 -0700, Ray Van Dolson wrote:

Another option, at least with VMware, would be to create a shared disk
that can be seen by all your VM's.

A bit simpler than setting up iSCSI, though that would be a good thing
to learn in it of itself...

... or to just do the same with KVM or Xen, which doesn't require
spending money on VMWare and is part of RHEL...

-- Lon

lol, thanks! I've actually switched away from VMWare to Xen as of last year. I can see why VMWare was great before a few years ago, but these days I find Xen to be better with the right hardware. Specifically, a multi-core CPU that supports virtualization.

As for the other types of data stores, I've been using DRBD + LVM in Primary/Primary mode already. It was tricky to get going in the first place, but I got it going and now feel that iSCSI/SAN is the next step. :)

Madi