[Linux-cluster] using NFS as a shared storage for RHCS

Mike Cardwell linux-cluster at lists.grepular.com
Tue Oct 13 18:19:57 UTC 2009

carlopmart wrote:

> I need to install three basic services on this cluster: a corporative
> proxy (squid), MTA outbound server (postfix) and a dns slave service. My
> problem is that I can't use noatime,nodiratime flags if i use GFS/GFS2
> to deploy these services because all needs this flags activated ... and
> I don't want to use external software like ocfs2 ...

Why do you think you need a clustered filesystem then? None of those
services require one... I wouldn't recommend adding the complexity of a
clustered filesystem unless you really have to; all it will do is reduce
the reliability of the system. Each of those applications can work with
their own standalone local filesystems...

--
Mike Cardwell - IT Consultant and LAMP developer
Cardwell IT Ltd. (UK Reg'd Company #06920226) http://cardwellit.com/