[Linux-cluster] High availability mail server

Ray Burkholder ray at oneunified.net
Mon Oct 26 23:54:51 UTC 2009

> High avail. Mail? That's what MX records are for.  Performance, would
> be a side effect of multiple MXs.  Having it "clustered" wouldn't make
> mail deliver any quicker.  Why make something so simple into something
> complex?

Mail delivery and MX records are easy.  But once mail is received, you have
to get it to user's mail boxes, and users have to gain access to the
repository.  The repository should be 'highly available' in some fashion:
partitioned storage units, redundant storage, replicated storage, backup
storage, or whatever.  I believe that is the hard bit:  making the
repository 'highly available'.

How do people do it?

believed to be clean.