[Linux-cluster] service state unchanged when host crashes

Martin Waite Martin.Waite at datacash.com
Wed Oct 28 10:21:02 UTC 2009

Hi Jakov,

I managed to get fencing working - at least enough for my experiments.

Sure enough, I hit the same problem:

clusternode30 is running service "SENTINEL" - and then is powered down
at ~ 18:19

Oct 27 18:19:55 clusternode27 clurgmgrd[2785]: <debug> Membership Change
Event
Oct 27 18:19:55 clusternode27 clurgmgrd[2785]: <info> State change:
clusternode30 DOWN
Oct 27 18:19:55 clusternode27 clurgmgrd[2785]: <debug> Membership Change
Event
Oct 27 18:19:55 clusternode27 clurgmgrd[2785]: <debug> Membership Change
Event
Oct 27 18:19:55 clusternode27 fenced[2760]: clusternode30 not a cluster
member after 0 sec post_fail_delay
Oct 27 18:19:55 clusternode27 fenced[2760]: fencing node "clusternode30"
Oct 27 18:19:55 clusternode27 fenced[2760]: can't get node number for
node p<CA>@#001
Oct 27 18:19:55 clusternode27 fenced[2760]: fence "clusternode30"
success
Oct 27 18:19:55 clusternode27 clurgmgrd[2785]: <debug> 22 rules loaded

(The "can't get node number" looks suspicious, but fenced claims to
succeed).

Next morning - it still hasn't relocated the service:

Cluster Status for testcluster @ Wed Oct 28 11:13:55 2009
Member Status: Quorate

 Member Name                                                     ID
Status
------
 clusternode27                                                      27
Online, Local, rgmanager
 clusternode28                                                      28
Online, rgmanager
 clusternode30                                                      30
Offline

 Service Name                                                     Owner
(Last)                                                     State