[Linux-cluster] How to disable node?

Jakov Sosic jakov.sosic at srce.hr
Tue Sep 1 09:26:48 UTC 2009

On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 23:26:06 +0200
"Marc - A. Dahlhaus" <mad at wol.de> wrote:

> I think your so called 'limitation' is more related to mistakes that
> was made during the planing phase of your cluster setup than to
> missing functionality.

Yeah, and what can be that mistake? I'll feel free to quote John:

> The best course of action to take would be to remove that missing
> node from your cluster configuration using conga,
> system-config-cluster, or by hand
> editing /etc/cluster/cluster.conf.  As long as it exists in the
> configuration then the other nodes will expect it to join the
> cluster, and they will attempt to fence it when they try to join the
> cluster and see it is not present.

Where's the issue with my config there? It seems to be an issue with
RHCS misbehaving with one fence device missing.

> Please take a look at the qdisk manpage and aditionaly to the cman
> faq sections about tiebraker, qdisks and especially the last man
> standing setup...

qdisk already set up. I never said I lost quorum. I have quorum. But
without one node missing completely, with it's fence device, rgmanager
just doesn't start up the services, and is not listed in clustat. I
repeat, I HAVE GAINED QUORUM, and I have qdisk for the case two out of
three are out.

--
|    Jakov Sosic    |    ICQ: 28410271    |   PGP: 0x965CAE2D   |