Re: [Linux-cluster] SEMI OT. Synchronizing jboss cache dir.

2009/9/1 Juan Ramon Martin Blanco <robejrm gmail com>

On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 12:38 PM, ESGLinux <esggrupos gmail com> wrote:
Hi All,

First, sorry if this can be considered Off Topic but my first aproach was using clustering to my problem so I suposse you could have the same problem.

I have 2 computers running JBoss and I need to share a directory for the cache (I use OSCache).

First I try to use a NFS service on a Red hat Cluster ( I use this reference http://www.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/5/html/Configuration_Example_-_NFS_Over_GFS/index.html)

Do you have a shared storage? If the answer is yes, just use gfs and mount the filesystem on both machines.

Nop, I haven´t but your answer makes me a new question. Can I use GFS directly without making a cluster?
I mean can I attach the iSCSI devices for example, and mount a GFS filesystem on it without creating a cluster, and a service asociated to this GFS filesystem?

Thanks

ESG