[Linux-cluster] SEMI OT. Synchronizing jboss cache dir.

Kaloyan Kovachev kkovachev at varna.net
Tue Sep 1 12:36:35 UTC 2009

On Tue, 1 Sep 2009 14:21:47 +0200, ESGLinux wrote

> You should use one iscsi lun shared by both cluster nodes. You can mount a
GFS filesystem without locking (lock=nolock) with (correct me if I am wrong)
the node not being part of a cluster, but only in one node at a time.
> You can mount a GFS filesystem created for a certain cluster without having
the filesystem configured as a resource, the only requisite is that the nodes
mounting the filesystem have to be part of that certain cluster.

> If I have understand you ok, I need to create a cluster, for example,
MYCLUSTER, then create a resource of type GFS filesystem. After that I must
create 2 nodes in the cluster, access de iscsi lun from this nodes and finally
mount the gfs filesystem.

> With these I can share this directory between the nodes without the risk of
file corruption?

> Well, in the case I canґt use this approach, is there any way to do this?

if you don't have shared storage, but you have local disks - you may use DRBD
instead of iSCSI. About the cluster - you don't need to define any resources -
just have a cluster which is quorate to avoid data corruption while accessing
the GFS on DRBD