[Linux-cluster] SEMI OT. Synchronizing jboss cache dir.

Kaloyan Kovachev kkovachev at varna.net
Tue Sep 1 12:58:28 UTC 2009

On Tue, 1 Sep 2009 14:48:13 +0200, ESGLinux wrote
> 2009/9/1 Kaloyan Kovachev <kkovachev at varna.net>
>  On Tue, 1 Sep 2009 14:21:47 +0200, ESGLinux wrote
>

> > You should use one iscsi lun shared by both cluster nodes. You can mount a
> GFS filesystem without locking (lock=nolock) with (correct me if I am wrong)
> the node not being part of a cluster, but only in one node at a time.
> > You can mount a GFS filesystem created for a certain cluster without having
> the filesystem configured as a resource, the only requisite is that the nodes
> mounting the filesystem have to be part of that certain cluster.
> >

> > If I have understand you ok, I need to create a cluster, for example,
> MYCLUSTER, then create a resource of type GFS filesystem. After that I must
> create 2 nodes in the cluster, access de iscsi lun from this nodes and finally
> mount the gfs filesystem.
> >
> > With these I can share this directory between the nodes without the risk of
> file corruption?
> >
> > Well, in the case I canґt use this approach, is there any way to do this?
> >

> if you don't have shared storage, but you have local disks - you may use DRBD
> instead of iSCSI.
>
> this looks interesting, any good manual about using DRBD?

There is a good documentation at http://www.drbd.org/ search for
primary-primary mode and make sure the replication channels is the same as for
the cluster communication to avoid split-brain and data corruption

>  About the cluster - you don't need to define any resources -
> just have a cluster which is quorate to avoid data corruption while accessing
> the GFS on DRBD
>

> ok, so I only need the cluster with the 2 nodes and the gfs filesystem
formated, for example like this:

> gfs_mkfs -p lock_dlm -t MyCLUSTER:mydata -j 8 /dev/sda1
> When I have done this I can mount /dev/sda1 in both nodes as use it
> [UTF-8?]isnВґt it?

you should format and mount /dev/drbd0 which is made on top of /dev/sda1, not
/dev/sda1 itself