Re: [Linux-cluster] Question about "ccs_tool update"

On Fri, 2009-09-04 at 11:46 +0200, Alain.Moulle wrote:
> Hi,
>
> With this release : cman-3.0.2-1.fc11.x86_64
> it seems that we can't do ccs_tool update anymore :
>
>   ccs_tool update /etc/cluster/cluster.conf
>   Unknown command, update.
>   Try 'ccs_tool help' for help.
>
> and effectively the help does not list anymore options update (neither
> upgrade).
>
> Therefore, what is the new way to make it dynamically update the
> configuration ?

The configuration distribution across nodes is now delegate to
luci/ricci via ccs_sync command. The old ccsd ccs_tool bits are gone.

Assuming your configuration is identical on all nodes you can issue, on
one node only, cman_tool version -r $newversion.

$newversion is either 0 (autodetect the version from cluster.conf and
check that is newer/higher than the runtime config) or the exact version
you want to load.

Note that we are still working on smoothing a few corners in the new
configuration system and that a bad config could be problematic for the
cluster.

Fabio