[Linux-cluster] do I have a fence DRAC device?

ESGLinux esggrupos at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 11:30:57 UTC 2009

Thank you Juanra,
you are right, I have executed this command from other machne:

ipmitool -U root -H 192.168.1.250 lan print
Password:
Set in Progress         : Set Complete
Auth Type Support       : NONE MD2 MD5 PASSWORD
Auth Type Enable        : Callback : MD2 MD5
                        : User     : MD2 MD5
                        : Operator : MD2 MD5
                        : Admin    : MD2 MD5
                        : OEM      : MD2 MD5
IP Address Source       : Static Address
IP Address              : 192.168.1.250
Subnet Mask             : 255.255.255.0
MAC Address             : 00:1e:c9:ae:6f:7e
SNMP Community String   : public
IP Header               : TTL=0x40 Flags=0x40 Precedence=0x00 TOS=0x10
Default Gateway IP      : 192.168.1.1
Default Gateway MAC     : 00:00:00:00:00:00
Backup Gateway IP       : 0.0.0.0
Backup Gateway MAC      : 00:00:00:00:00:00
802.1q VLAN ID          : Disabled
802.1q VLAN Priority    : 0
RMCP+ Cipher Suites     : 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14
Cipher Suite Priv Max   : aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
                        :     X=Cipher Suite Unused
                        :     c=CALLBACK
                        :     u=USER
                        :     o=OPERATOR
                        :     a=ADMIN
                        :     O=OEM

Now I suposse that if I run:

 ipmitool -U root -H 192.168.1.250 chassis power reset

I´ll be able to reboot the machine  (that is what I want from the begining).
I´ll look for a moment to do it and I´ll tell you what happens, so, stay
tunned ;-)

One last thing, I thought I´ll could reach the ip through a TCP port and I
did a port scanning and all ports are closed in this ip, so I don´t
understand very well how ipmitool works... Also I expect to have a web
access, isn´t there any web access to this kind of networkd cards? (I have
worked with HP iLO and it has a simple but usefull  one )

thanks again,

ESG.