[Linux-cluster] EXT3 or GFS shared disk

Hello again,

Next question.

Again since my cluster class (back in '04) GFS wasn't around so I'm not sure if I should use this or not in the cluster build...

If I have an active/passive cluster where only one node needs to have access to the file system at a given time should I just use an ext3 partition or should I use GFS on a logical volume?

I just tried to create an lvm shared logical volume with an ext3 parition (already did an lvmconf --enable-cluster) but it caused me some grief and I switched it to a partition after cleaning up...

Thanks,

James