Re: [Linux-cluster] exact iptables command to stop a source from accessing a Linux cluster

iptables -A INPUT -s 10.5.5.25 -j DROP

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 7:33 PM, sunhux G <sunhux gmail com> wrote:

Hi,

I have a RHEL 5.1  cluster that's constantly being accessed by an
application from a Windows server application via sqlnet (ie Tcp
port 1521) which caused a specific Oracle accounts to be locked.

The owner of the Windows box does not know why the Filenet
application is doing this so while she's doing the research which
configuration in Filenet needs to be fixed to stop this, we need an
interim measure to block this Windows server's access to the cluster.

Thus I would like to set up iptables / firewall on this Linux box to
stop the sqlnet access.  Can someone provide me some example
commands / syntax ?

Source IP address : 10.5.5.25   (Windows server)
Tcp port : 1521
My Linux boxes IP address :  10.5.5.46 / .47
My Linux cluster virtual addr : 10.5.5.45

In fact I would like to block on all ports on the Linux cluster to stop
this Windows server from accessing it.  So what's the exact commands
I should issue on each of the Linux box?  Would iptables also block
the Windows server from accessing the cluster virtual IP addr?

Thanks