[Linux-cluster] gfs2_tool journals

Kaloyan Kovachev kkovachev at varna.net
Fri Sep 18 12:59:21 UTC 2009

On Fri, 18 Sep 2009 08:44:05 -0400 (EDT), Bob Peterson wrote
> ----- "Kaloyan Kovachev" <kkovachev at varna.net> wrote:
> | Hello,
> |  gfs2_tool journals /mnt/GFS
> | returns
> |  Error mounting GFS2 metafs: Block device required
> |
> | it gives the same message when i point to the disk itself no mater if
> | it is
> | mounted or not ... is there something i am missing or there is a bug
> | with the
> | tool?
> |
> | --
>
> Hi Kaolyan,
>
> I'm not aware of any bugs and, in fact, it works for me:

i have 1k block size for the partition, but just confirmed that it is the same
with the defaults ...

> [root at roth-01 ~]# mount -tgfs2 /dev/roth_vg/hell /mnt/gfs2
> [root at roth-01 ~]# gfs2_tool journals /mnt/gfs2
> journal2 - 128MB
> journal1 - 128MB
> journal0 - 128MB
> 3 journal(s) found.
> [root at roth-01 ~]#
>
> What version of gfs2-utils are you running?

it is from cluster 3.0.2 compiled on a fresh Slackware64-13.0 and the kernel
is vanilla 2.6.30.5 and also tested with the one from cluster 3.0.0 with the
same resuls ... weird but i have just found an even older copy of gfs2_tool
from cluster 2.03.10 and it shows the results correctly ... where can i look
for this message as it not found in the ./gfs2/tool/*