Re: [Linux-cluster] cman fails after a yum upgrade

Volker Dormeyer wrote:

I just did a yum upgrade on my test cluster running on Centos 5.3, and now when I start cman, the following happens:

[root web1 cluster]# service cman start
Starting cluster:
   Mounting configfs... done
   Starting ccsd... done
   Starting cman... failed
/usr/sbin/cman_tool: aisexec daemon didn't start

Take a look at this, please:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/linux-cluster/2009-September/msg00115.html

It looks like CentOS did not upgrade the openais package, which is part
of RHEL 5.4, yet.

Either downgrade CMAN or fetch openais from rawhide and compile the
recent openais package yourself.

Thanks, I completely missed that thread.

--
Mike Cardwell - IT Consultant and LAMP developer
Cardwell IT Ltd. (UK Reg'd Company #06920226) http://cardwellit.com/