[Linux-cluster] Fencing APC No-breaks

Edson Marquezani Filho edsonmarquezani at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 14:07:39 UTC 2009

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 11:17, Jeff Sturm <jeff.sturm at eprize.com> wrote:
> For APC products, we are familiar with both the fence_apc and
> fence_apc_snmp scripts.  No daemon is required for either, but some
> setup in the APC management console may be needed.
>
> The fence_apc script creates an interactive telnet session and attempts
> to use the text-based menu interface.  We've found it to be brittle and
> hard to support--the SNMP agent is newer and more straightforward.

I'm sorry, I had to take a pause on that question about no-breaks.

But, I didn't understand how to connect them to network. They have
only a serial and an USB interface, and I have not found any
information about this on documentation.

I would be thankful if somebody could tell me how this actually works.

Thanks.