[Linux-cluster] Bind mounts with HA ext3

Johnson, Eric Eric.Johnson at mtsallstream.com
Mon Sep 28 21:55:55 UTC 2009

I've got an RHEL 5.4 NFSv4 failover cluster that uses cluster controlled
ext3 file systems on CLVM. In order to bring all the mount points into
the NFS root, I have to use a bind mount.

Eg. Cluster mounts the file system at /fs1 then I have a script resource
that creates the bind mount to /nfsroot/fs1

However, this seems to confuse the resource manager into thinking the
file system is mounted in a location it is not configured to:

Sep 28 14:33:12 node1 clurgmgrd: [4150]: <warning> Device
/dev/nfsvg/fs1lv is mounted on /nfsroot/fs1 instead of /fs1
Sep 28 14:33:12 node1 clurgmgrd: [4150]: <warning> Device
/dev/nfsvg/fs2lv is mounted on /nfsroot/fs2 instead of /fs2
Sep 28 14:33:12 node1 clurgmgrd: [4150]: <warning> Device
/dev/nfsvg/fs3lv is mounted on /nfsroot/fs3 instead of /fs3

I can't set the real mount point into the /nfsroot directory due to an
application that expects them somewhere else on the same cluster.

This warning doesn't *seem* to impact actual operation of the cluster,
so I've just suppressed the messages through an rsyslog rule, but is
there a way to inform the cluster to ignore the bind mount? I'm using
RHEL 5.4 32-bit with all the latest updates as of today, including:

kernel-2.6.18-164.el5
cman-2.0.115-1.el5_4.2
rgmanager-2.0.52-1.el5
openais-0.80.6-8.el5