Re: [Linux-cluster] fence_ilo halt instead reboot

HI Joseph,

thanks for your answer.

2010/4/14 Joseph L. Casale <jcasale activenetwerx com>
>I´m configuring a two node cluster (they are HP ProLiant DL380 G5) and I have configured the fence nodes this way:
>
><fencedevice agent="fence_ilo" hostname="192.168.1.2" login="Administrator" name="ILONODE2" passwd="xxxx"/>
>
>the problem is that I have run the command fence_node NODE2 and I have seen the halt message  and it hasn´t restarted
>
>I think it must do a reboot, not a halt.  Have I to configure something else (at bios, ilo or SO level)?
>
>Thanks in advance

http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/wiki/FAQ/Fencing#fenced_ilo
http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/wiki/FenceAgentAPI

I´m going to check this docs.

FWIW, and it its only my opinion, but if there is a problem and the other
nodes believe they need to fence it, are you sure you want it back online
w/o admin intervention?

Are you sure a reboot will *always* cure whatever caused it to be fenced?

In my situation I prefer to allways reboot because the machines are not accesible to me. Now I have a machine halted and I´m waiting for a person to push the power button.

Perhaps in the final situation it would be better to halt the system, but now I need to make a reboot!

What a long time to push a button!!!! perhaps they have to wait 108 minutes to push the button as in "LOST"  ;-))))

Greetings,

ESG