[Linux-cluster] Ondisk and fsck bitmaps differ at block XXXXXX

de Jong, Mark-Jan deJongm at TEOCO.com
Mon Apr 19 18:21:35 UTC 2010

Hello,
After running our two node cluster concurrently for a number of days, I wanted to take a look at the health of the underlying GFS2 file system.

And although we didn't run into any problems during or testing, I was surprised to still see hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of the following message when running and gfs2_fsck on the file system:

Ondisk and fsck bitmaps differ at block 86432030 (0x526d91e)
Ondisk status is 1 (Data) but FSCK thinks it should be 0 (Free)
Metadata type is 0 (free)
Succeeded.

I assume this is not good, although processes reading and writing to/from the filesystem seem to be running smoothly. I ran the fsck days after the last write operation on the cluster.

I'm currently running the following on Centos 5.4:

kernel-2.6.18-164.15.1.el5
cman-2.0.115-1.el5_4.9
lvm2-cluster-2.02.46-8.el5_4.1

The GFS2 file system is running on top of a clustered LVM partition.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark de Jong