Re: [Linux-cluster] Announce: Node Assassin - Open hardware cluster fence device

On 10-04-20 01:27 PM, Lon Hohberger wrote:
On Mon, 2010-04-19 at 14:48 -0400, Digimer wrote:
Hi Clustering folks!

    I wanted to announce a new open hardware, open source cluster fence
device:

    Node Assassin - http://nodeassassin.org

    After four months and a lot of help from friends at
http://hacklab.to, the first version is done and ready for the lime
light! (warts and all)

Ok, that's totally awesome.

Thank you! :)

    This is my first "official" open source project, so I would love to
hear some feedback even if you don't plan to use it yourself. :)

One of the problems with clustering is the fencing barrier to entry when
shared data is at stake -- often it's high cost and not all hardware
vendors resell them.

-- Lon

That was exactly my barrier when I wanted to learn about clustering. I wasn't backed by a company, so I had to build my cluster using my own money. Fancy servers were just not an option. :)

--
Digimer
E-Mail:         linux alteeve com