[Linux-cluster] Service Script Question

I have custom scripts located in /usr/share/cluster, they are associated with each service in the cluster and execute when the service starts/stops.  At the beginning of the start/stop sections I have a definition to send me an email when the service starts/stops.  Whenever I update the cluster config by issuing the command “ccs_tool update /etc/cluster/cluster.conf”, for each service already running I get the email stating the cluster service is starting even thought it doesn’t because it already is running.  I cannot seem to figure out why this is.  Here is an example of my script in /usr/share/cluster.  Everything works great, I am just stumped as to why I get email about the services starting anytime I update the cluster.conf file.  Any incite is appreciated.

#!/bin/sh

#

# Cluster service script to start/stop oracle

#

HOSTNAME=`/bin/hostname`

SVCNAME="service1"

STARTMSG="Starting $SVCNAME on node $HOSTNAME"

STOPMSG="Stopping $SVCNAME on node $HOSTNAME"

case $1 in

  start)

        /bin/echo $STARTMSG | /bin/mail -s "RED HAT CLUSTER SERVICE" my email somewhere com

        su - oracle -c "/service1/rcs/start_oracle.sh"

        ;;

  stop)

        /bin/echo $STOPMSG | /bin/mail -s "RED HAT CLUSTER SERVICE" my email somewhere com

        su - oracle -c "/service1/rcs/stop_oracle.sh"

        ;;

esac

exit