[Linux-cluster] IP Source NAT

Kit Gerrits kitgerrits at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 06:29:16 UTC 2010

Hello,

Most software allows you to configure the IP the software binds to.
Aside from that, I am not aware of of any other methods, provided by
clustering.
(The IP is simply added 'inside' the IP stack of the host)

In your case that would mean configuring the source IP in your monitoring
module (check_snmp) or the tool used inside the module (snmpget).
Snmpget should be configurable through snmp.conf with the following option:
     clientaddr [<transport-specifier>:]<transport-address>
           Specify source address used  by  command-line  tools,  see
           snmpcmd(1) , and by snmpd when sending notifications.
See:
http://www.mail-archive.com/net-snmp-users@lists.sourceforge.net/msg08109.ht
ml

In case of an iptables solution, this might help:
http://fixunix.com/snmp/65274-snmpget-snmpwalk-using-virtual-ip.html

Regards,

Kit