Re: [Linux-cluster] cluster without fencing device

On Wed, 1 Dec 2010 19:47:13 +0530, Mohamed Arif Khan <arif4linux gmail com> wrote:

Thanks for reply

Can we configure cluster without shared storage, means can we make replicated database on individual nodes ?

Absolutely, but why would you even need to use the cluster stack if your only purpose is to have a group (cluster) of DB servers that replicate between them? If you've got DB replication configured and using a DB proxy, you'll get the same result with (much) less overhead - imho - in terms of system management overhead, etc.

// Thomas