Re: [Linux-cluster] Clarification...

On 12/02/2010 10:31 PM, Corey Kovacs wrote:
I've been watching the development of the cluster stack from the
sidelines for quite some time but somewhere things got a bit mixed up
for me.

It appears to me the following is true...

openais, heartbeat and corosync are equivalent in terms of purpose.
AFAIK not true anymore:
heartbeat is equivalent with corosync + openais (corosync was a fork of openais but now openais is an additional part for corosync)
Corosync + openais is recommended. (pacemaker website)
rgmanager and pacemaker are equivalent in terms of purpose.
True:
http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/wiki/RGManagerVsPacemaker

If these are true, can someone point me to a run-down of the
differences and similarities or point me to a document?

How does this all relate to what ships with RHEL6?
RHCS is using rgmanager in RHEL6. Pacemaker is in technology preview state (from release notes: "not fully integrated with the RHCS stack").

I heard that Pacemaker is going to replace rgmanager in the future. (the source wasn't official! Maybe we will get some more official answer for this here :) )

Regards,
Bal√°zs
Finally, is the wiki woefully out of date are is there a better place
to be getting information other than git repos?

Corey