[Linux-cluster] question about number of fencing devices needed for a two node cluster

Hi,

I would like to know about wheter it would suffice for a two-node RHCS cluster a single power switch (APC 7921) fencing device. The power switch has 8 power outlets and I intend to use four of them for each node's dual power supplies.

I know it would be desirable to have two devices for a fully redundant configuration, but after reading some examples from the docs (they are meant for two power switch), I still cannot understand why a single power switch connected to both servers and the switch taking power from the UPS, would not be a good configuration. There is a single UPS in the environment.

┬┐any experiences over this issue?

regards,

alvaro