[Linux-cluster] To SELinux or not to SELinux ?

Jeff Sturm jeff.sturm at eprize.com
Fri Dec 10 20:30:57 UTC 2010

[mailto:linux-cluster-bounces at redhat.com]
> On Behalf Of Paul M. Dyer
> Sent: Friday, December 10, 2010 2:35 PM
> To: linux clustering
> Subject: Re: [Linux-cluster] To SELinux or not to SELinux ?
>
> According to Dan Walsh, performance was addressed early on.   I have
not had any
> performance issues using selinux in RHEL 5, RHCS included.

Results will probably vary depending on what components you need, and
what versions you run.  For us, SELinux incurred a 30% overhead with GFS
file operations.  That was on CentOS 5.2 or 5.3, can't remember which.
(We're in the middle of an upgrade to 5.5, but haven't started migrating
to GFS2.)

But don't take my word for it, or anyone else's... always benchmark your
own application.

-Jeff