[Linux-cluster] GFS block size

One of our GFS filesystems tends to have a large number of very small files, on average about 1000 bytes each.

I realized this week we'd created our filesystems with default options.  As an experiment on a test system, I've recreated a GFS filesystem with "-b 1024" to reduce overall disk usage and disk bandwidth.

Initially, tests look very good—single file creates are less than one millisecond on average (down from about 5ms each).  Before I go very far with this, I wanted to ask:  Has anyone else experimented with the block size option, and are there any tricks or gotchas to report?

(This is with CentOS 5.5, GFS 1.)

-Jeff