[Linux-cluster] IP Resource behavior with Red Hat Cluster

Parvez Shaikh parvez.h.shaikh at gmail.com
Fri Dec 24 05:33:12 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I am using Red Hat cluster 6.2.0 (version shown with cman_tool
version) on Red Hat 5.5

I am on host that has multiple network interfaces and all(or some) of
which may be active while I tried to bring up my IP resource up.

My cluster is of simple configuration -
It has only 2 nodes, and service basically consist of only IP
resource, I had to chose random private IP address for test/debugging
purpose (192.168....)

When I tried to start service it failed with message -

clurgmgrd: [31853]: <debug> 192.168.25.135 is not configured

I manually made this virtual IP available on host and then started
service it worked -

clurgmgrd: [31853]: <debug> 192.168.25.135 already configured

My question is - Is it prerequisite for IP resource to be manually
added before it can be protected via cluster?

Thanks
Parvez