[Linux-cluster] Xen / Redhat cluster : 5.3 to 5.4 upgrade question and best practice

Wolf Siedler siedler at hrd-asia.com
Tue Feb 16 08:46:26 UTC 2010

> if I directly modified cluster.conf can I still use lucci after that
> or will it replace my custom edited cluster.conf?

Yes, absolutely. This is what we did.

It may or may not be important, but some thoughts:
- Make sure to increase version number when manually editing cluster.conf.
- Make sure all version numbers on all nodes are identical.
- As a precaution we explicitly logged off Luci when manually editing
cluster.conf. Upon re-logon, the changes were present in Luci.

However, I need to point out that I have not (yet?) gotten into Luci's
internal workings.

Regards,
Wolf