[Linux-cluster] [clvm] Volume group for uuid not found

AlannY m at alanny.ru
Mon Feb 1 14:52:33 UTC 2010

Hi there. I'm trying to set up HA-Cluster on Fedora with Red Had Cluster Suite.
I've already set up cman and it works.

Now, I want to create shared strorage with clvm+gfs2. I've install lvm2-cluster. Made
lvmconf --enable-cluster. And now:

I have 2 nodes, clvmd started:

on 1st node I've done:

    %# pvcreate /dev/sdb1

on 2nd node I've done:

    %# pvcreate /dev/sdb1

As you may see, there are /dev/sdb1 device, but it's not the same machine - it's 2 different devices.

on 1st node I've done:

    %# vgcreate shared /dev/sdb1

"shared" is a name for volume group.

In current step, I'm now created volume group on 2nd node.

on 1st node I've executed:

    %# lvcreate -l 254 -n shared shared

But, it failed with error:

    Error locking on node <2nd node name>: Volume group for uuid not found: QgSZ5Y8KWOxxbxYdk4Y0eOoJh8GwP1hv9GTrlwNycTk7xWBejIp0suFANorVEuKS
    Aborting. Failed to activate new LV to wipe the start of it.

Then, I've created volume group "shared" on 2nd node:

    %# vgcreate shared /dev/sdb1

And then on 1st node, I've executed lvcreate once more, but have the same error.

What am I doing wrong? I'm really newbie in clvm, but expierenced user of plain lvm, so, I have questions.

My vgdisplay of 1st node:

    %# vgdisplay
    --- Volume group ---
    VG Name               shared
    System ID
    Format                lvm2
    Metadata Areas        1
    Metadata Sequence No  27
    VG Access             read/write
    VG Status             resizable
    Clustered             yes
    Shared                no
    MAX LV                0
    Cur LV                0
    Open LV               0
    Max PV                0
    Cur PV                1
    Act PV                1
    VG Size               1016.00 MB
    PE Size               4.00 MB
    Total PE              254
    Alloc PE / Size       0 / 0
    Free  PE / Size       254 / 1016.00 MB
    VG UUID               QgSZ5Y-8KWO-xxbx-Ydk4-Y0eO-oJh8-GwP1hv

On second node, there are either no volume groups or one named shared with just different VG UUID.

--