Re: [Linux-cluster] [clvm] Volume group for uuid not found

Abraham Alawi wrote:
On 2/02/2010, at 5:21 AM, Gordan Bobic wrote:

AlannY wrote:
On Mon, Feb 01, 2010 at 03:34:18PM +0000, Christine Caulfield wrote:
Is it really two different devices ? If so then clvmd will not work.
It needs the same view of storage on all systems. Not necessarily
the same names, but definitely the same actual storage.
So, should I use DRBD with clvm for data mirroring on both nodes?
You could, indeed, use DRBD. Or you could cross-export the block devices with iSCSI (or ATAoE) and have them connected to all the nodes that way. I guess it depends on whether you prefer to use DRBD or CLVM. My preference is for DRBD, but don't let that bias your decision. :)

Gordan

I reckon GNBD will be a better solution in your case, DRBD is more
suitable for non-cluster file systems (e.g. ext3, xfs .. ) in case
of active-passive

DRBD is specifically designed to also work in active-active mode. I've been running shared root GFS clusters on DRBD for years. DRBD is singularly _THE_ best solution for network RAID1, _especially_ in active-active mode with a clustered file system on top. It also handles resyncing after outages much more gracefully and transparently than other similar solutions.

Gordan