[Linux-cluster] heartbeat

Ed Sanborn Ed.Sanborn at genband.com
Tue Feb 2 16:42:39 UTC 2010

OK, I was not clear enough.  I can't take one of the 2 NIC's and
dedicate it for
the heartbeat traffic.  That's the problem.  BOTH of the NIC's subnets
are needed
for the engineers.  I only have 2 physical NIC's.  So I need to
virtualize one of them
so that I can get 2 networks shared on one physical link.  In general I
know how
that is done.  In this case, I'm struggling with the particulars on the
RH OS, Nortel switch
and also if memory serves me correctly last time I tried this, the
heartbeat traffic could not
be sent over a virtual interface only a real interface.

Hopefully this makes my predicament clearer.  I have plenty of spare
switches...
But only 2 NIC's.  If I had a 3rd NIC on these blades I would be all
set.

Ed