Re: [Linux-cluster] unfencing in 2.03.10

On 02/02/2010 08:58 PM, David Teigland wrote:
On Tue, Feb 02, 2010 at 12:48:12PM +0200, Dan Candea wrote:
hello

I read on Cluster-devel list about unfencing. There were some
modification made, fence_node -U, but this is on cluster3. What about
cluster2 unfencing?
I'm  using fence_ifmib, the switch port through which the node is
accessing the shared storage is put in down state. After reboot, the
node joins the cluster but the port remains down, so I have to do manual
unfencing.
There something to do in this matter? or is the normal behavior?
We never attempted to automate the unfencing prior to cluster3, so in
cluster2 you need to set it up to run explicitly yourself, e.g. put a
specific call to fence_ifmib in rc.local or something.

Dave

ok. I'll take this approach. It's not something fancy to do it, but not elegant either :)

thank you

--
Dan Cândea
Does God Play Dice?