[Linux-cluster] Active Active Cluster

Jeff Sturm jeff.sturm at eprize.com
Thu Feb 4 15:56:32 UTC 2010

MySQL Cluster supports disk data tables these days, which have their own caveats but can grow larger than available RAM.  Indexes must still fit entirely in RAM.

Plan on a lot of testing if anyone tries it--you can get good results if you have control over the queries and schemas, but a naïve port from, say, InnoDB to NDB can be disastrous.  MySQL Cluster is complex and has nothing to do with Red Hat Cluster (which is why I'll stop here--subscribe to cluster at lists.mysql.com for more info).

-Jeff