[Linux-cluster] GFS and Cluster

Jeff Sturm jeff.sturm at eprize.com
Mon Feb 15 21:57:17 UTC 2010

Mounting a GFS filesystem on two or more nodes concurrently requires
that you have a lock manager in place.  The cluster suite provides DLM
for this, which absolutely requires an operational cluster.

(You can mount GFS on a single node with no cluster, but that's not a
very interesting way to use GFS.)