[Linux-cluster] Looking for guidance

Andrew Beekhof andrew at beekhof.net
Tue Feb 23 07:27:10 UTC 2010

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 9:28 PM, Joseph L. Casale
<jcasale at activenetwerx.com> wrote:
>>I don;t think anyone on the project recommends Heartbeat v1 anymore.
>>At least use the crm/pacemaker extensions (http://clusterlabs.org) if
>>you're thinking about using Heartbeat in any way.
>
> Hi,
> That's a coincidence, I am just part way through your Fedora 11 doc using
> a couple of CentOS boxes. I stumbled on a few things but got them resolved:
>
> I see the conf file has changed,
> /etc/ais/openais.conf -> /etc/corosync/corosync.conf

Nod, I've got an F-12 version that I need to upload at some point
(which uses corosync).
We didn't support corosync at the time I wrote the F-11 version.

> The init scripts need the export value changed for COROSYNC_DEFAULT_CONFIG_IFACE
>
> And it looks like the crm syntax might have changed a bit, I used
> crm configure location prefer-dev WebSite rule role=master 50: \#uname eq node-name
> instead of the shorter line you had.

This old form will still work though, same effect.

> Lastly, the clusterlabs drbd rpm is a virtual package which yanks in xen?
> I just used the CentOS 8.3 packages.

Yep, don't use the drbd packages from clusterlabs.
They were an aborted attempt to make it easy for people to install but
it didnt get very far.
/me makes a note to remove them

> I am almost through it and intended on using ext3 instead of the clusterfs as
> only one node will ever be active, and I need to export this data via rsyncd
> and nfs. I am sure the rsyncd implementation will be trivial, but I am concerned
> about nfs. So far, the most complete coverage of this I have found is
> http://www.linux-ha.org/HaNFS . Is that a safe addition to the doc you wrote?

[quote]
crm_resource -r drbdgroup -U
crm_mon; sleep 5; crm_mon
[/quote]

Seems to have been written for the crm, so yes, it is safe.

> Thanks very much for the effort on the doc, it certainly eased me into the field.

Glad it helped :-)