Re: [Linux-cluster] Distributed Storage in Cluster Suite

yvette hirth wrote:
Gordan Bobic wrote:

I use it in active-active mode with GFS. In that case I just use the fencing agent in DRBD's "stonith" configuration so that when disconnection occurs, the failed node gets fenced.

can you use FCP with active-active? we bought a bunch of FCP stuff (4gbps and 8gbps HBA's and an 8gbps switch) but not the CNA's needed for iSCSI. and active-active sounds like "the ticket". while we do have a few 10GBe's and are awaiting a switch, i hate to waste all that FCP stuff.

You need something that will run TCP/IP. There is some support for IP-over-FC in Linux, though. You should be able to get iSCSI and DRBD running over that. Not tried it myself, though, so I cannot offer any guidance over and above what you can google.

Gordan