[Linux-cluster] Repeated fencing

Dirk H. Schulz dirk.schulz at kinzesberg.de
Wed Feb 24 14:53:33 UTC 2010

As far as I recall the docs say a switch is needed that is capable of
IGMP etc. There must be issues with cross cables, if that is correct.

I did not investigate further and took an old cisco 2950 (you can by
masses of used ones on ebay very cheap) and configured it according to
docs.

To avoid the switch being the SPOF you can use 2 3750s with extended
image, they can use LACP to bond links connected to both of them. That
gets a bit more expensive then, admittedly, but even those should be
available on ebay.

Dirk