[Linux-cluster] GFS handling of executable files and I/O

Alan A alan.zg at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 02:37:12 UTC 2010

fromAlan A <alan.zg at gmail.com>toGeneral Red Hat Linux discussion list <
redhat-list at redhat.com>
dateThu, Feb 25, 2010 at 7:56 PMsubjectGFS and I/Omailed-bygmail.com
hide details 7:56 PM (39 minutes ago)
I made /var/www gfs shared so I could share cgi-bin directory among cluster
nodes. Yesterday we tested this out and failed. Users complained about slow
page execution and I noticed with 'lsof /var/www/cgi-bin' command that many
executable files are listing as open files. This brings me to a question -
Does GFS treat executable files same as files open for read / write?

Unrelated to previous question, what GFS parameters can I tune with
'gfs_tool settune /volumename' to get better I/O? I am dealing with single
threaded application that has a lot of I/O, mostly opens files for writing.

--
Alan A.