[Linux-cluster] statfs

Steven Whitehouse swhiteho at redhat.com
Wed Jan 20 17:21:17 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Wed, 2010-01-20 at 10:07 -0600, Paras pradhan wrote:
> So.. does statfs_slow=0 means statfs_fast has been enabled?

Basically yes. With newer GFS2 you can also alter this behaviour via the
mount command line. I should check to see whether we've got the man
page updated as well.

As a general principle we are trying to gradually move all the
tweekables for the filesystem to the mount command line (and allow them
to be set/reset via mount -o remount as required) rather than using the
gfs2_tool settune system (which is non-standard). So if there is a mount
command line equivalent command, then I would generally encourage the
use of that instead,

Steve.