Re: [Linux-cluster] newbie

Greetings,

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 1:28 AM, yvette hirth <yvette dbtgroup com> wrote:
hi,

once SCST is running, then i plan on having FOO present one LUN each for three raid arrays to the two desktops.  array0 will be shared by FOO and DT0; array1 will be shared by FOO and DT1; and array2 will be shared by FOO, DT0 and DT1.

the scenario for my question is this:
will a "non-clustered" filesystem like ext3 / xfs be sufficient?  i can't use zfs because this is FCP SCSI not iSCSI.
NO
 You will require GFS / 2 in which case you will need Centos/RHEL cluster infrastructure

i've looked at OPEN-E, OpenFiler (which has a 64-bit version that doesn't like HP DL380 G6's), DataCore and tons more and all fall short or failed the install.

we could certainly go iSCSI (which seems to be a trend), but we've invested some non-trivial budget in 8gbps FCP and don't feel it's antiquidated just yet.

ISCSI presents LUNs

For concurrent access from multiple nodes to the same filesystem a clustered filesystem like GFS/OCFS/HPFS _will_ be required or of course you can go the NFS way.

my 0.02

Regards

Rajagopal