[Linux-cluster] Fedora 13 Clustering

Virginian virginian at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Jul 12 14:06:03 UTC 2010

Hi Gordon,

It looks to me like things have changed quite a bit in F13 compared to RHEL
/ Centos 5. I agree, cluster.conf  looks the same but there is a new
component called Corosync and ccs seems to have gone.

Traditionally I have used Conga to configure the Cluster (although not
without problems at times it has to be said). However, in F13 there is no
"luci_admin" utility to set the password and Luci isn't accessible from a
web browser. I don't mind configuring things by hand if that's the only way
to do it, I was just looking to be pointed in the right direction really. I
have received some help offline from a member of this list which has proved
invaluable. I have now managed to get a basic cluster up and running on F13.
Our fellow list member is working on a document which I think will be of
enormous help to others when completed (in fact it is already a useful doc).

The old docs specified which ports / protocols needed to be opened up in
iptables but as I haven't sussed out what's needed under F13 I am running
with iptables stopped for now. If anybody has this information I would be
very grateful to receive it.

Thanks & regards

John