Re: [Linux-cluster] The purpose of /usr/lib64/stonith/plugins/external

On 10-07-12 04:47 AM, Andrew Beekhof wrote:
On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 7:08 AM, Digimer<linux alteeve com>  wrote:
Hi all,

  I've got a home-grown fence device I am trying to add support for Fedora 13
(specifically, corosync 1.2.3, cluster-glue 1.0.2 et. al.).

  Under CentOS, I wrote an agent and placed it in /usr/sbin/ and that worked
fine.

Thats fine then.  Pacemaker can use RHCS devices too.

Now though, there is the /usr/lib64/stonith/plugins/external/
directory which seems to also be used. I noticed this when I used 'stonith
-L'.

This is for the old heartbeat-style fencing devices.  You can ignore it.

That's what I was starting to think, and ended up doing just that, ignoring it.

If I may ask; The "Cluster from Scratch" manual for Fedora 11/12 suggests starting corosync directly. This kept failing because it didn't find a configured stonith device. However, I went back and created a cluster.conf and then started cman and everything was (largely) fine.

Is there a document or similar that more clearly defines what is the old HA-Linux components versus the RHCS? Or further, what is the proper method of building a cluster based on RHCS using corosync/pacemaker?

Thanks kindly!

--
Digimer
E-Mail:         linux alteeve com