[Linux-cluster] corosync issue with two interface directives

Tim Serong tserong at novell.com
Tue Jul 13 13:14:01 UTC 2010

On 7/13/2010 at 03:00 PM, Digimer <linux at alteeve.com> wrote:
> On 10-07-13 12:33 AM, Dan Frincu wrote:
> > It seems that the issue could also be caused because Corosync looks at
> > the classfull network masks of a bindnetaddr directive, in this case,
> > even if you have addresses with /24 netmask, Corosync thinks they're /8.
> > Try changing to a private class C addressing scheme, which also uses /24.
> >
> > Read more here http://www.corosync.org/doku.php?id=faq:configure_openais
> >
> > Regards.
>
> That's an interesting assumption. Is there no way to specify the
> netmask? If not, I'll try that change.

Corosync looks at the netmask of the *interface* matching the bindnetaddr,
so if you've configured eth0 as (for example) 10.1.2.3/24, the appropriate
bindnetaddr is 10.1.2.0.  If you'd configured eth0 as a /8, the bindnetaddr
would need to be 10.0.0.0, and so forth.

Hope that helps to make everything even more confusing :)

Regards,

Tim

--
Tim Serong <tserong at novell.com>
Senior Clustering Engineer, OPS Engineering, Novell Inc.