[Linux-cluster] Adding third node to existing cluster problem

Rajkumar, Anoop anoop_rajkumar at merck.com
Wed Jul 14 20:47:34 UTC 2010

Hi

Yes I have done this way. When I try to start on third node cman start
fails and cman_tool shows that it is not recognizing other two nodes
which are working properly..

[root at usrylxap235 ~]# service cman start
Starting cluster:
   Mounting configfs... done
   Starting ccsd... done
   Starting cman... done
   Starting daemons... done
   Starting fencing...

failed

                                                           [FAILED]

[root at usrylxap235 ~]# cman_tool status
Version: 6.1.0
Config Version: 44
Cluster Name: cluster1
Cluster Id: 26777
Cluster Member: Yes
Cluster Generation: 84
Membership state: Cluster-Member
Nodes: 1
Expected votes: 3
Total votes: 1
Quorum: 2 Activity blocked
Active subsystems: 5
Flags:
Ports Bound: 0
Node name: usrylxap235-1.merck.com
Node ID: 3
Multicast addresses: 239.192.104.2
Node addresses: 192.168.0.7

Attached is cluster.conf file.
 <<clusterconfig.txt>>
Thanks
Anoop

New Jersey, USA 08889), and/or its affiliates Direct contact information
for affiliates is available at
for the use of the individual or entity named on this message. If you are
your system.