[Linux-cluster] Stateful Samba\CTDB Failover

Justin Shafer justinshafer at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 13:41:04 UTC 2010

Yep I agree. The failover itself is almost instant.. I too am running samba
ctdb in active/active with corosync/drbd/ocfs2.. though I haven't added ctdb
as a resource to corosync, I have just been starting it manually. Corosync
wants to know there the SMB private directory is and I was told by someone
at samba that ctdb can figure all that out for itself... so I am wondering
why its still needed in the resource... But I figure by the time I would use
it in production, all that stuff will be answered. =)

Like novell says that the smb_private_dir with sysconfig/ctdb should have it
in there, and the private directory should be on shared storage.. along with
your filesystem your serving out.

But I was told differently by someone at samba...  so maybe the
smb_private_dir is just old....  Eitherway when I failover my mapped drive
is still in tact.. If I was in an excel spreadsheet, I would be a happy guy.
But Im trying Dentrix... sigh. (they should be on sql by now anyways).

-Justin